I’ve run into a strange obscure error today, while attempting to build a Zephyr based app for the sparkfun_thing_plus_nrf9160 board. My Zephyr tools have been installed and serving my Nordic nrf based project builds for several months now. I’m using ncs version 1.6.1, which corresponds to Zephyr 2.6.0.
Python3, cmake and west are at sufficiently new versions to satisfy the early build time checks of these utilities.
So I’ve just git cloned a project which I worked on a few months ago, and which built with these same Zephyr / Nordic command line tools, across multiple hosts at that time. Today after following these same steps, when I attempt to compile my builds fail early on with these messages:
_`ted@localhost:~/projects-sandbox/zephyr-work/out-of-tree/kionix-driver-demo$ west build -b sparkfun_thing_plus_nrf9160 -p
– west build: making build dir /home/ted/projects-sandbox/zephyr-work/out-of-tree/kionix-driver-demo/build pristine
– west build: generating a build system
– Build type: debug
Including boilerplate (Zephyr base): /home/ted/projects-sandbox/zephyr-work/out-of-tree/zephyr/cmake/app/boilerplate.cmake
– Application: /home/ted/projects-sandbox/zephyr-work/out-of-tree/kionix-driver-demo
– Zephyr version: 2.7.99 (/home/ted/projects-sandbox/zephyr-work/out-of-tree/zephyr), build: v2.7.99-ncs1
– Found Python3: /usr/bin/python3.8 (found suitable exact version “3.8.10”) found components: Interpreter
– Found west (found suitable version “0.12.0”, minimum required is “0.7.1”)
– Board: sparkfun_thing_plus_nrf9160
– Cache files will be written to: /home/ted/.cache/zephyr
CMake Error at /home/ted/projects-sandbox/zephyr-work/out-of-tree/zephyr/cmake/verify-toolchain.cmake:75 (find_package):
Could not find a package configuration file provided by “Zephyr-sdk”
(requested version 0.13.1) with any of the following names:
Add the installation prefix of “Zephyr-sdk” to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
“Zephyr-sdk_DIR” to a directory containing one of the above files. If
“Zephyr-sdk” provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
Neither of the files
zephyr-sdk-config.cmake are found anywhere on my work station. Yet an older project I’ve been working in builds today and has been building for weeks without any issues.
Any idea what is going on here? Again, I had successfully git cloned and west updated this project at least five times previously, and everything worked.
I’m not finding much help for this on Nordic Devzone. Also finding scant mention of these errors in more general Google searches.
Any help appreciated on this unexpected toolchain issue!